An Addition for Agility and or a new perk.

Count Lee

What do you want to be changed?

Agility affects reload speed / adding in rapid reload as a selectable skill

Explanation of suggestion?

In fallout new vegas, your agility stat affected your characters speed, this included your reload speed. Rapid reload has a similar affect as well. I am suggesting we add in these overlooked additions from a great game in the series.

How or why does this benefit the server?

Adds possibilities for unique character builds, changes to the meta, and possible weapon balancing. Would give people more incentive to spec into agility aswell.

Are there any workshop add-ons or content needed for this suggestion?

N/A

Edited by Count Lee
Made it more readable and changed the coloring of the text
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

On 5/5/2024 at 6:14 AM, LordBrit said:

that would be cool but would be difficult to code in, if possible though it'd be cool

Won't say this out of my ass since I don't know the code of the server. But since damage output is universally tied to Perception and Intelligence, it isn't an impossible suggestion if the variables and functions of shooting in the server can also be linked to the entitie's stats, as if the code can also be changed for the weapon sweps. 

Since I know that vehicles stats such as damage, AOE, Speed, etc can be changed. I would optimistically say that the weapon's reload speed can be dinamic. An easy formula like: (weapon's reload speed)% + (characters.agilitysum/100)% should be enough to make a direct change. But again, it depends if the weapon's swep can be also be involved in the character's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Stats. And also make a boolean to check if the perk was bought to make all changes.

Also balance will be quite difficult to check cause weapons that deal better damage plus pip boy or vats could be better as long as you kill the target before you reload, and if a perk is added means that you would sacrifice something in the build that may not be worth it for a sum of people. I could see this better on characters with sidearms that has less ammo, if they are good enough of course.

• Upvote 1

PA users realizing that they not only get to have almost no speed reduction and infinite AP but also faster reloads (legion champ PA and salvaged stocks going to the moon)

The only reason people don't use agility that much is because agility has a really low effect when compared with other stats. It literally adds 1 velocity to you, while a singular percent speed increase on your armor adds like 5. Now agility DOES get much better when you have a really high speed already, but eh. Also it can't really be buffed because if you have PA you just stat dump into agility for easy speed.

• Downvote 2

On 5/9/2024 at 3:06 PM, Haroxan said:

MFW when this makes PA users even more busted, I can't wait for Mr Gat & Gauss gat to insta reload so we can kill half to the server over and over!!!!

-1 this is stupid never suggest this again

full auto missile launcher here I come

sometimes I hope dumb shit like this gets accepted so that approximately 5 hours after it is implemented there is a nerf post because someone like the elder or colonel are just destroying the entire server with it, or PA factions field loads of slow reloading weapons (like the k9) that now have near instant reloads but aren't balanced to have such fast reloads and solo hold entire factions

• Garrus locked this topic